A proven way to reduce the risks associated with staff selection and development is the use of quality psychological profiling and ability testing. In today's competitive market, many leading organisations now invest time and money in the thorough assessment of their workforce to assist in both the development and selection of their staff. Psychometric assessment has a vast range of useful applications that can be utilised in:
- Applicant Screening and Assessment
- Team Building
- Training Needs Analysis
- Interpersonal Conflict Resolution
- Person-Job Matching
- Succession Planning
- Career Development Planning
- Performance Appraisal
- Supervision Guidance
- Exit Counselling
What is Psychometric Assessment?
Premium Consulting applies a range of advanced assessment tools, depending on the job, to help determine an individual's aptitude, style and personality. The outcome of such assessments is interpreted scientifically to develop an accurate forecast of a candidate's behaviour and capacity to perform in a particular work environment.
Just as some people have different physical characteristics like height, eye colour facial features, skin and hair colour , so too do they differ in the way they feel about things, react to different situations, and how they relate to other people, all of which are far more difficult to measure.
Advantages of Psychological Appraisal
Professionally administered personality and psychological assessments:
- Reduce the effects of personal bias in selecting, promoting, training and developing people.
- Help identify individual strengths, limitations and career development potential.
- Allow an objective comparison between individuals on important job-related criteria.
- Encourage an informed rather than intuitive consideration of the person-job match.
- Assist managers to better understand how staff should be supervised to maximise individual productivity and job satisfaction.
- Reduce absenteeism and turnover caused by the inappropriate placement of staff.
- Minimise organisation costs associated with the screening of applicants and the development of staff, not to mention time saved in eliminating costly mistakes.
Industry estimates suggest that the typical cost of making a poor appointment could be as high as $50,000 to $100,000 per individual, when direct and lost business opportunity costs are taken into account, not to mention training and the true cost of the manager's time who is involved in the recruitment process. To have an existing or potential employee attend an assessment session at Premium Consulting will cost a few hundred dollars. Compare this to the cost of employing or promoting the "wrong" person and the difference could be very significant.
A Comprehensive Range of Proven Psychometric Products
Premium Consulting has a commitment to only offering proven assessment measures that have established and reliable credentials regarding their construction, technical validity and appropriate standardisation norms. Some areas covered by assessment include
- Ability assessments
- Aptitude assessments
- Personality and Interest Measures
- Sales Approach and Value Measures
Ask us to tailor a package to your individual needs!
Click here for more information on our pyschometric services
Click here to see a sample report